[Insight-developers] ITK not redistributable: copyright statement incomplete

Vincent A. Magnotta vincent-magnotta at uiowa.edu
Mon Sep 25 10:00:46 EDT 2006

Bill,

You are correct that we contributed this code. The copyright for both
the itkPixelData.h and itkAnalyzeDbh.h appears to have slipped through
the cracks here. I don't have any paperwork describing the use of the
itkPixelData.h file. I would be happy to contact the appropriate people
to see if we can get an appropriate license for these two files. We have
no problem signing the paperwork to provide the Insight Consortium with
a BSD license of the itkOctreeNode.* files.

Vince

On Mon, 2006-09-25 at 07:16 -0400, Lorensen, William E (GE, Research)
wrote:
> Hans,
>
> I believe that UIowa created the GE file readers that reference the copyrighted code. Do you have a anything from GE that describes the distribution restrictions of the itkPixelData.h code?
>
> Just checking before we try to track this down.
>
> Bill

Assistant Professor
Department of Radiology
0453-D JCP