[Insight-developers] IJ Update

Stephen R. Aylward Stephen.Aylward at Kitware.com
Sat Sep 16 15:45:28 EDT 2006

You may have notice several recent improvements to the IJ:

* The IJ software has been enhanced to allow specifying keywords and the
required software packages for each contribution.  The involved software
packages, for example, are shown as icons in the keywords/toolkits column.

* In the near future we will provided a means for users/reviewers to
specify the keywords and software packages that interest them.   The
taxonomy of keywords we are proposing is on the wiki at:
https://www.kitware.com/KWWiki/index.php/InsightJournal/Keywords

* We can now invite reviewers, track how many reviewers have been
assigned to a paper, how many reviewers have accepted to review each
paper, and how many reviews have been written for a paper.   For a
paper, the status column will, for example, contain the following text:
"Specific reviews in progress
2 reviews done out of 2
Waiting for 1 more reviewer to accept"
Meaning that two reviewers were invited and accepted, two wrote reviews,
and one reviewer hasn't accepted or declined the offer to do a review.

Julien Jomier has done an outstanding job with these and numerous other
extensions to the IJ within the past few weeks.

We welcome other suggestions for improvement to the software, and we
look forward to your participation in the review process!

Best regards,
Stephen