[Insight-developers] Re: Wrap ITK patch

Gaëtan Lehmann gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr
Fri Sep 8 17:34:18 EDT 2006

Le Fri, 08 Sep 2006 23:07:42 +0200, Karthik Krishnan
<Karthik.Krishnan at kitware.com> a écrit:

> Gaëtan Lehmann wrote:
>
>> <gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr
>>
>>> / Hi Karthik,
>> />/  Le Fri, 08 Sep 2006 19:44:43 +0200, Karthik Krishnan  />/
>> <Karthik.Krishnan at kitware.com
>> />/  Also, why do I get a cache variable for IMAGE_COMPARE when I build
>> ITK
>> />/ and where do I get this executable from ?  The code, I can see is in
>> />/ Code/IO and the executable should can be specified internally. Is
>> this
>> />/ to handle paths for multi-configuration build systems like
>> />/ Windows/XCode, which determine the executable path at build time ?
>> There
>> />/ is a workaround for that. //
>> /
>> ctest seems to be clever enough to understand that
>> /Users/glehmann/src/Insight/build-wrap/bin/itkTestDriver is really
>> /Users/glehmann/src/Insight/build-wrap/bin/Debug/itkTestDriver, at
>> least  with Xcode.
>> Please let me know if that's also the case with windows
>>
> It was never an issue with the path of the test driver.. That's handled
> by ctest..

I was not aware of that - I nearly never use the multi-configurations :-)

> It is an issue with anything you are passing to the driver as a command
> line argument . Those strings are handled by you, not ctest
>
> http://www.itk.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/Wrapping/WrapITK/Tcl/Tests/tclTestDriver.tcl.in?annotate=1.1&root=Insight
>
> Line 37 of that file would always fail on VisualStudio or XCode ..
>
> You need to handle that with ifdefs like..
>
>   std::string  =
> itksys::SystemTools::ConvertToOutputPath(ImageCompareExecutableIn);
>   #if defined(_WIN32) && defined(CMAKE_INTDIR)
>     itksys::SystemTools::ReplaceString(ImageCompareExecutable,
> "$(OutDir)", CMAKE_INTDIR);
>   #endif
>
> So you would need a Cxx test driver, that gets built rather than a Tcl
> one.

Tcl is fixed for Xcode, with itkTestDriver.
Java will come tomorrow, but I will have to fix the parallel build before:
this problem seems to break the build with Xcode :-/

Gaetan

--
Gaëtan Lehmann
INRA de Jouy-en-Josas (France)