[Insight-developers] Re: Wrap ITK patch

Karthik Krishnan Karthik.Krishnan at kitware.com
Fri Sep 8 15:53:35 EDT 2006

Gaëtan Lehmann wrote:

> Le Fri, 08 Sep 2006 19:44:43 +0200, Karthik Krishnan
> <Karthik.Krishnan at kitware.com> a écrit:
>
>> Gaetan:
>> Thanks for the WrapITK stuff,
>> Please review and apply the attached patch:
>> With wrapping, we used to have the option that if CableSwig was
>> checked  out into  "Insight/Utilities/CableSwig" things would build
>> just fine.   ie CableSwig would be built and all the wrapping would
>> use the that  build of cableswig . There would be no need to have
>> CableSwig built  separately on your machine. This is done on some of
>> the dashboard  machines. (After all Brad wrote CableSwig as a part of
>> ITK)
>

> I have applied the patch
> Thank you :-)
>
> I think it would be much clean to have cmake code related to wrappers
> in  the Wrapping directory.
> What do you think of detecting and building CableSwig even if the old
> and  the new wrapping systems are not found, and to move the cmake
> code related  to wrappers from Insight/CMakeLists.txt to
> Insight/Wrapping/CmakeLists.txt  ?

I agree that it would clean up the top level CMakeLists.txt, but I would
vote against building CableSwig for someone who isn't doing wrapping..
(Unnecessary build)..

IMHO It would have been nice to have CableSwig as a subdir of Wrapping..
then you could do what you just said and build it only if the wrapping
systems are found ( only then would you subdir into it anyway... )

Thanks
-karthik