[Insight-developers] Explicit instantiation linking issues on mac platform

Hans Johnson hans-johnson at uiowa.edu
Thu Sep 7 12:25:24 EDT 2006

Julien,

The Mac linking semantics are VERY strict.  I have seen this with other
packages also where a linux build works, but Mac build with approximately
the same version of gcc fails because the link information was not
completely defined.  It is my impression that the Mac linking stage requires
that all symbols (whether used or not) must be defined, whereas the linux
builds only require that the used symbols be linked.

Hans