[Insight-developers] Re: Integrating WrapITK into ITK CVS

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sun Sep 3 08:59:39 EDT 2006

Hi Gaetan, Zach

Thanks for clarifying the situation with the API of the Wrapping
in the target languages, and the proposed changes to CableSwig.

It seems that we all agree in uploading WrapITK now, and to look
later at the potential CableSwig improvements.

Here is a suggestion for a plan of action:

1) Freeze the repository for a couple of days. That is, remove write
    access from everybody, except the developers that will be involved
    in integrating WrapITK.

2) The developers that will do the integration will be: Gaetan, Zach,
    and will have support from Luis, Bill Hoffman and Brad)

3) We will tag the repository as "Before adding WrapITK".

4) Proceed to commit WrapITK code

5) Stabilize the major platforms: Linux, Windows.

6) Tag the repository as "After adding WrapITK"

7) Open again write access to restore the status before (1).

I would suggest the following schedule:

    |  Tasks  | Dates                                |
    | (1,2,3) | Wednesday September 6th              |
    | (4)     | Thursday-Friday September 7-8th      |
    | (5)     | Weekend Sept 8-9th                   |
    | (6,7)   | If Dashboard green: Monday Sept 10th |

Gaetan:

      As preparation, what you may want to do is to start in
your local copy of ITK setting all the infrastructure, so you
will be ready to commit the changes. Let's make WrapITK to be
an option in CMake, OFF by default. In this way we can turn it
ON, machine by machine in the Dashboard. Depending on how things
go by mid October, we should vote on whether we want WrapITK to
be the default wrapping for ITK 3.0.

Please let us know if this sounds reasonable to you,

    Thanks

      Luis