[Insight-developers] ITK 3.0 : WrapITK : Status

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu Oct 26 09:24:32 EDT 2006

Hi Gaetan,

  We are cutting ITK 3.0 to be released on Tuesday.

Tomorrow we are freezing the CVS repository and will
have to clean up the dashboard between Friday and Monday.

The current status of WrapITK as reported in the
Dashboard is the following:

1) Not building in gcc 2.95: problems with complex
2) Not building in gcc 3.3 with Explicit Instantiation
3) Not building in Windows for Java
3) Python tests in Windows are failing (seg faulting)

For the sake of proceeding with the release, we are
disabling WrapITK, and enabling the previous wrapping
system.

We will move WrapITK to the advanced options and label
it as an experimental system.

WrapITK will be offered as an option for those users
who want to experiment with it.  After the release
is complete, we can restart trying to get it to work
in all the platforms that we are required to support.

Please let us know if you have any questions or
concerns,

    Thanks