[Insight-developers] Associate editors: Any success with assigned reviewers ?

Torsten Rohlfing torsten at synapse.sri.com
Wed Oct 18 13:46:44 EDT 2006

Gaetan:

While I am not an AE for the IJ, my experience AEing even for "proper"
journals is that there are always people who aren't even considerate
enough to say "no thank you". In fact, I once had a reviewer who did a
review of a submitted paper, requested major revisions, but then
seemingly disappeared from the face of the earth and never replied to
even direct personal emails when it came time to review that revision.

Personally, I have created a sort of "blacklist" in the back of my mind
for these people - should I ever get one of their papers for review, I
will be sure to let the AE know, I am not available to review the work
of those who are this rude when it comes to reviewing the work of
others. Of course this now shows _my_ rudeness and horrible character.
But what are ya gonna do? ;)

I guess what I am saying is, don't let it bother you too much - stuff
happens. Has nothing to do with the IJ in particular.

Best,
  TR

--
Torsten Rohlfing, PhD          SRI International, Neuroscience Program
 Research Scientist             333 Ravenswood Ave, Menlo Park, CA 94025

     "Though this be madness, yet there is a method in't"