[Insight-developers] Review directory is now installed

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed Oct 11 13:04:37 EDT 2006

Hi Gaetan,

Thanks for updating the CMakeLists.txt file.

I wonder if we should consider having this installation to be
optional.

(e.g. have CMake ask the developer if the Review files should
       be installed or not).

The reasons is that the code in the Review directory is only in the
process of being considered for inclusion in the toolkit.

The Copyright of these files has not been cleared up, and the coding
style and API of the classes in the Review directory may change
drastically as it get code reviews from other developers.

Classes in the Review directory are not guaranteed to remain in
the toolkit either, so, user's in general should not rely on them,
except for experimental purposes. In other words, these files are
excluded from the backward compatibility policy of the toolkit.

A Question to the user, or a Warning will probably be enough
for making sure that the user is aware that the files in the
Review directory may be very different in the next release,
or may not even be there.

   Thanks

     Luis