[Insight-developers] dashboard entry name too long for Dart1

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sun Oct 1 13:54:44 EDT 2006

Hi Gaetan,

There is a limit to the number of options that you
could put in the name of the build.

If you attempt to do so, you will have to list:

     Build libraries         Shared/Static
     Patented                 ON/OFF
     Review                   ON/OFF
     Explicit Instantiation   ON/OFF
     WrapITK                  ON/OFF
     WrapPython               ON/OFF
     Compilation Mode:        Debug/Release
     Compiler name...

What you want to do is to use the minimal BuildName
that CMake generates by default. That helps to get
all the builds grouped together in the Dashboard.

Then you setup your build by using a CMake script,
that you run with:

            ctest -S  myScript.cmake

When you submit this way, the Dashboard display notes,
with a little "paper icon" like the ones you can see
in Kitware machines:

          midworld.kitware
          camelot.kitware
          dash11.kitware
          dash12.kitware
          dash13.kitware
          dash14.kitware

If you click on that icon you see the exact CMake Script
that was used for configuring the build. We use those
for starting builds from scratch, that do not rely on
the Cache history from previous configurations.

See for example:

http://www.itk.org/Testing/Sites/camelot.kitware/Linux-g++-2.95-WrapITK/20061001-0100-Nightly/Notes.html

The text that you see is the actual CMake script.
You can use it as a template for configuring your
own Build.

Please read the instructions on how to create your
own CMake scripts for running a build with ctest:

http://www.itk.org/Wiki/CMake_Scripting_Of_CTest

   Regards,

      Luis