[Insight-developers] [GDCM] ITK Origin and coordinate system

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Wed Jan 18 11:33:08 EST 2006

Bill Lorensen wrote:
> In an experiment I did a few months back, I had 6 MR scans done of the
> same object in each of the 6 orthogonal directions. I read them in using
> the current GDCMImageIO  (which transforms the origin using the
> direction cosines). All of the volumes roughly lined up without any
> additional transformations.
>
> If I did not apply the direction cosines, the datasets were all shifted.

I have to second Gordon on that. Could you please send us the datasets
used for the experiment ?
I believe that even if the DICOM header would contain any other
information that GDCM is not taking into account it will only apply it
uniformly to the 6 MR scans and therefore do not impact the final result.

Anyway having access to those dataset would greatly help.

Thanks,
Mathieu