[Insight-developers] itk::Path needs static dimension constant

Zachary Pincus zpincus at stanford.edu
Mon Feb 27 21:42:25 EST 2006

Hi folks,

I have noticed that itk::Path does not define a static dimensionality
constant like all other classes which take a VDimension template
parameter.

I propose to add these lines to the header:
   /** Path dimension. The dimension of a path is fixed at
construction. */
   itkStaticConstMacro(PathDimension, unsigned int, VDimension);

I would ordinarily just commit the changes, but since I don't know
the status of the 2.6 release (and the cvs might be locked down
anyway), I won't. However, I propose that this change be incorporated
sooner rather than later. Since there's no way this can break
anything, and since the Path class is far less useful without it,
this constant ought to make it in soon.

Zach