[Insight-developers] PathToImageFilter issues

Zachary Pincus zpincus at stanford.edu
Tue Feb 7 18:57:26 EST 2006

Hi folks -

Just a heads-up: I'm going to make some changes to
itk::PathToImageFilter to make it actually useful. There are no API
changes implicated.

- Right now the class documentation states that the output image will
be automatically sized according to the bounding box of the path.
This is not actually the case in the code, so I will update the docs
accordingly. (The methods to do this computation generically for any
path type don't exist in the itk::Path hierarchy, so adding this
functionality is not trivial.)

- There is a way to set the size and the origin of the output image,
but not the index at which the image starts. However,
PolyLineParametricPath objects are specified as a series of
ContinuousIndex values, not Points. (I personally think that this was
a mistake, but I could be convinced otherwise, and it's kind of moot
since that's the API now.) Anyhow, this means that PathToImageFilter
needs to allow the user to specify the starting index of the produced
image.

Zach