[Insight-developers] Re: integrating the new algorithms for existing filters in ITK (preparing ITK 3.2)

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Dec 11 18:43:15 EST 2006

Hi Gaetan,

     Thanks for pointing this out.

When dealing with enhancements, they will go directly into the
respective filters. That is, as long as they do not involve the
addition of new classes or files, and do not require the
modification of the external API of existing classes.

We must in any case go through a code review and a verification
of backward compatibility. Please make sure that there are tests
already in place for the classes that you plan to modify. If any
of the classes is missing a test, then let's work out to add a
test before making any modifications to the class.

One interesting place to check is in the current code coverage
of the classes:
http://www.itk.org/Testing/Sites/zion.kitware/Linux-g++-3.4/20061211-0100-Nightly/CoverageByName.html

If Richard's papers do not require to modify the API, then please
go ahead and commit them into the repository.

The best way to do it is to start in the morning of the Dashboard
(e.g. avoid an evening submission). You probably want to commit
them tomorrow *after* 2:00am EST (8:00am France), so that we will
have time to fix any issues that may appear during the continuous
builds before we hit the time of Nightly submissions (9:00pm EST).

Submitting an Experimental first from your machine will be also
a great idea.

  Thanks

    Luis