[Insight-developers] analyze files from spm - scaling factors

Vincent A. Magnotta vincent-magnotta at uiowa.edu
Sun Apr 23 22:49:39 EDT 2006

Richard,

SPM really does not conform to the Analyze 7.5 standard very well.
Looking at the code, the scale would be 1 and intercept in ITK. It is
possible to set the get the scale set to 1 by adding the variable
SPM_ROI_SCALE to the Meta Data Dictionary with a value of 1. I believe
that this will fix the problems that you are having with SPM. We now
also support the NiFTI format which was developed as a standard by
several groups in the field of neuroimaging.

Vince

Richard Beare wrote:

>Hi,
>We regulary use spm/matlab and run into problems with the extenstion
>to analyze files it uses. Spm introduces a scaling term, and an image
>intensity zero intercept term, that most software (including ITK)
>doesn't seem to recognise. Is there a mechanism for dealing with this
>already in ITK? If not, are there any issues with adding it?
>
>http://www.grahamwideman.com/gw/brain/analyze/formatdoc.htm has some details.
>
>Thanks

Assistant Professor
Department of Radiology