[Insight-developers] Analyze 6.5 file format error -- proper handling?

Kent Williams kent at psychiatry.uiowa.edu
Mon Apr 10 09:51:50 EDT 2006

It wouldn't be a huge deal to add an orienter in the writer, but it
unfortunately would

1. Require creating an image copying the data into it, reorienting it
and copying it back out.
2. Require a switch statement on the data type to invoke the orient
filter with the properly templated image type.

For now I think I'll have it raise an exception and suggest use of
itk::OrientImageFilter.

I don't think this will be a big deal in 99% of applications. Given that
ITK can read and write formats that properly capture and report image
orientation, the only application would be when a third-party program
only understands Analyze format.