[Insight-developers] Analyze 6.5 file format error -- proper handling?

Kent Williams kent at psychiatry.uiowa.edu
Fri Apr 7 16:27:04 EDT 2006

The Analyze image file format only supports 3 different orientations
(out of a possible 48). Currently if you feed it an image oriented other
than those three ways to write to disk, it silently writes it out with a
valid (but incorrect) orientation code.

Hans Johnson (my boss) suggested that it should be an error to try and
write a file out with a misleading orientation code.  But I'm not sure
what the right solution should be:

1. Print an error message and raise an exception?
2. Print a warning message, and write out the incorrect file?
3. ???