[Insight-developers] discussions on the Insight Journal

Gaetan Lehmann gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr
Mon Apr 3 11:36:00 EDT 2006

Hi,

I see that Zach have the same problem of discussion on the insight journal
than me.
ITK developers are asking to contributers to submit there contributions to
the insight journal - which require lots more time than sending a mail to
a mailing list - but do not discuss about those contibution on the insight
journal as they do on the mailing list, or only a few days before the ITK
release.

For example, the "Binary morphological closing and opening image filters"
article have receive good comments from the developers, and have been
delayed until I can explain why I use a pad and a crop filter. It is done
now (for nearly 2 months), but there is no feedback. If I get other
questions only a few days before the release, I'm not sure to be able to
reply before the release.

For the ProjectionImageFilter, we have discussed some interesting points
on the mailing list (about the AccumulateImageFilter), but things have
stopped when I have submited the changes to the insight journal.

Zhu Wanlin have submited an interesting work on the iterators, but I'm the
only one to have send a review. How changes to an important part of the
toolkit can be integrated to the toolkit if nobody test it a long time
before the release ?

etc...

Please, use the journal !
It's funny to see I have to convince the developers of the toolkit to do
that :-)

Gaetan

--
Gaëtan Lehmann