[Insight-developers] Adaptor update mechanism

Karthik Krishnan Karthik.Krishnan at kitware.com
Tue May 31 17:21:49 EDT 2005

Hi,

The adaptors don't seem to propagate information when plugged into the
pipeline. For example ImageAdaptor2 example segfaults if
reader->Update() is commented out.

I believe that  the Update() call in ImageAdaptor.txx should be

template <class TImage, class TAccessor >
void
ImageAdaptor<TImage , TAccessor>
::Update()
{
  Superclass::Update();

  Superclass::SetLargestPossibleRegion(
m_Image->GetLargestPossibleRegion() );
  Superclass::SetBufferedRegion( m_Image->GetBufferedRegion() );
  Superclass::SetRequestedRegion( m_Image->GetRequestedRegion() );
  m_Image->Update();
}

instead of what it is now. Please correct me if I am mistaken. I don't
want to commit incorrect code since I am not familiar enough with the
pipeline mechanism.

Thanks
Regards
Karthik