[Insight-developers] In consistent Function return value for GetNumberOfComponents

Hans Johnson hans-johnson at uiowa.edu
Thu May 5 12:00:16 EDT 2005

Hello All,

It seems that the function GetNumberOfComponents is inconsistently defined.
I each case that I have looked at, it appears that this function should
return an unsigned int.

I would be happy to make these consistent if I get approval.

Thanks,
Hans

grep -r "static.*GetNumberOfComponents" *
Code/Common/itkRGBAPixel.h:  static int GetNumberOfComponents(){ return 4;}
Code/Common/itkRGBPixel.h:  static int GetNumberOfComponents(){ return 3;}
Code/Common/itkSymmetricSecondRankTensor.h:  static unsigned int
GetNumberOfComponents()
Code/Common/itkVector.h:  static int GetNumberOfComponents(){ return
NVectorDimension;}
Code/Common/tags:GetNumberOfComponents  itkRGBAPixel.h  /^  static int
GetNumberOfComponents(){ return 4;}$/;"  f       class:itk::RGBAPixel
Code/Common/tags:GetNumberOfComponents  itkRGBPixel.h   /^  static int
GetNumberOfComponents(){ return 3;}$/;"  f       class:itk::RGBPixel
Code/Common/tags:GetNumberOfComponents  itkVector.h     /^  static int
GetNumberOfComponents(){ return NVectorDimension;}$/;"   f
class:itk::Vector
Code/IO/itkDefaultConvertPixelTraits.h:  static unsigned int
GetNumberOfComponents()
Code/IO/itkDefaultConvertPixelTraits.h:  static unsigned int
GetNumberOfComponents()                            \
Code/IO/itkDefaultConvertPixelTraits.h:  static unsigned int
GetNumberOfComponents()                            \
Code/IO/itkDefaultConvertPixelTraits.h:  static unsigned int
GetNumberOfComponents()                            \
Code/IO/tags:GetNumberOfComponents      itkDefaultConvertPixelTraits.h  /^
static unsigned int GetNumberOfComponents() $/;"    f
class:itk::DefaultConvertPixelTraits