[Insight-developers] Re: Recursive Gaussian : ITK Release 1.10

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri Jan 21 14:36:53 EST 2005

Hi Gunnar,

1) Yes, I agree with you in that this normalization is image dependent.
    The test is usually done with an input image that has a single pixel
    On, which is the equivalent of a discrete Dirac Delta.

2) Yeap, that's the reason why the test is done with a single pixel ON
    at the input.

3) Yes, please look at the example:

            Insight/Examples/Filtering/
                     ScaleSpaceGenerator2D.cxx

    This example takes a 2D image as input and produces its
    ScaleSpace image, which is a 3D image, where "scale" is
    the 3rd coordinate.  Scale space analysis usually involves
    to track isosurfaces of the 3D image in order to identify
    image features that are stable across scale.

    An interesting exercise is to generate the 3D ScaleSpace
    of a 2D image, then load it in to ParaView, VolView or
    Slicer and generate isosurfaces on the scale.

    Regards,

        Luis