[Insight-developers] DICOM UID Generation + Mac address

Lorensen, William E (Research) lorensen at crd.ge.com
Wed Jan 19 16:10:23 EST 2005

Mathieu,

There are issues with the UID generation.

I generated a new series from an old one with DicomSereisReadSeriesWrite.
Then I imported the images into our Advantage Windows system. The series
showed up as several studies with a varying number of images per study.
Seems like some of the ids you are making unique should not be. The varying
number probably has to do with clock resolution on the UID generator.

Bill