[Insight-developers] ITK_EXPLICIT_INSTANTIATION breaks Insight Test build in Insight/Code/Common/itkPhasedArray3DSpecialCoordinatesImage.h?

Kent Williams norman-k-williams at uiowa.edu
Tue Jan 18 11:43:18 EST 2005

There is code in itkPhasedArray3DSpecialCoordinatesImage.h that is
broken if ITK_EXPLICIT_INSTANTIATION is defined.

#ifdef ITK_EXPLICIT_INSTANTIATION
   extern template class
PhasedArray3DSpecialCoordinatesImage<float         ,2>;
   extern template class
PhasedArray3DSpecialCoordinatesImage<double        ,2>;

etc.

The problem is that PhasedArray3DSpecialCoordinateImage<> now supports
only 3D, and has only one
template parameter.

It looks like eliminating the 2D explicit instantiations, and fixing the
3D cases allows compilation to complete. My question is should I just
check in this change, or does someone who actually knows this code want
to take a look?