[Insight-developers] CVS build breaks with shared libs (fix included)

Zachary Pincus zpincus at stanford.edu
Tue Jan 18 03:35:27 EST 2005

Hello,

I just checked out a new copy of the current CVS version of ITK and
built it from scratch. (On a mac running OS X 10.3.7.) I configured the
build to create shared libraries.

The build broke at link phase for the ITKSpatialObject library due to
unknown symbols. This also happened on the midworld dashboard test
machine, which is similarly configured for shared libs. (
http://www.itk.org/Testing/Sites/midworld.kitware/DarwinG5-g++/
20050117-0601-Experimental/BuildError.html )

Adding the following line to Insight/Code/SpatialObject/CMakeLists.txt,
after the ADD_LIBRARY command (on line 6) fixes the problem:

TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(ITKSpatialObject ITKNumerics ITKCommon)

I didn't want to blithely commit a fix for this myself in case there
was some good reason that this line had been removed or not included.

Zach Pincus