[Insight-developers] itkOtsuMultipleThresholdsImageFilter

Padfield, Dirk R (Research) padfield at research.ge.com
Fri Jan 14 18:27:18 EST 2005

Hello Everyone,
	I have just committed a new filter called
itkOtsuMultipleThresholdsImageFilter in Insight/Code/Algorithms.  It
generates a histogram from the input image, calculates thresholds by passing
the histogram to the itkOtsuMultipleThresholdsCalculator, and then generates
a labeled output image by passing the thresholds to the
itkThresholdLabelerImageFilter.  I tested it by comparing the output image
using one threshold to the output image generated by
itkOtsuThresholdImageFilter, and they give the same results.
	When you update to include this filter, be sure to update
Insight/Code/Numerics/Statistics/itkScalarImageToHistogramGenerator.h as
well since I had to change that class slightly so that the output histogram
type would be PixelType instead of ValueRealType.
	Thanks!
	Dirk.

Dirk Ryan Padfield
Computer Scientist