[Insight-developers] GDCM memory leaks

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Wed Jan 12 12:40:49 EST 2005

Lorensen, William E (Research) wrote:
> Mathieu,
>
> Jim and I tracked down some memory leaks in gdcm and itkGDCMImageIO. The
> fixes have been checked into cvs. There were also some "unitialized memory
> reads". They have also been fixed.

Thanks a lot. Although we run a nightly valgrind/purify on GDCM there
are still some mem leak in this library unfortunatly. I have been
focusing on the reading of image on big endian lately and didn't had
time to fix those leaks.

Anyway I also have a working mac address on Win32, linux, AIX, HP, SGI,
FreeBSD and MacOSX. Which is checkin in gdcm CVS.

Anyway, we'll talk about gdcm 0.6 vs. CVS during the T-Con meeting, right ?

> Also, we found an error in the kwsys Base64 encoding and checked that into
> Insight's cvs. I assume that the itk cvs is linked to the kwsys master cvs.

That's right

Mathieu