[Insight-developers] Preparation for next ITK release (for SPIE)

Miller, James V (Research) millerjv at crd.ge.com
Fri Jan 7 13:55:26 EST 2005

At the tcon today we discussed the schedule for freezing for the next
release.  We plan to have a release ready for SPIE in February.

Kitware needs a couple of weeks to roll out the release.  During that time
they also plan to make a run through the examples and make sure they are up
to date.  We have added a number of examples over the last year where we did
not completely document them. I am sure they would love to have help
documenting any of the examples that are currently undocumented.

Important dates:

1/12/2005: Tcon to walk through the bug list.  Before the tcon, please look
through the list of outstanding bugs, close any bugs that have been fixed
but haven't been closed in the bug tracker, and determine which of the bugs
will have to wait to the next release.  We'll have a tcon on Wednesday to
run through the bug list.  Tcon will be at 1pm EST.  Same tcon number as
usual.

1/15/2005: From now to the 15th, we should try to address as many of the
outstanding issues as possible.  We'll reassess where we are at the tcon
next Friday.  The goal is have everything in shape to freeze the code.  If
we cannot make the 15th, we'll move the freeze date to the following week.

1/22/2005: Drop dead date for freezing the release. After this date, Kitware
will lock the repository (if not before) and only the select few will have
write access to the repository.

Here are some of the items that we need to address next week.

GDCM - where are we going to be next week?  Matthieu has said he wanted to
update the GDCM to the current CVS version.  Is this something that we
predict will go smoothly enough to do?  We could try it and if it is not
working out in time, we can roll back.  It would be nice if we could write
DICOM using our newly acquired root UID.

Registration - make sure the "centering" is being done in all the code
paths.

Normalized correlation metric - make sure the mask is being used in the
calculation of the gradient.

Recursive gaussian - can we wrap up the new implementation submitted by
Gunnar.

Example images - where are we with respect to the images being flipped? I
think we flipped all the baseline images.  Do we need to change the latex
code to flip these particular images so that they appear right side up in
the document?

Gibbs filter - has a number of issues with respect to the example.

Jim Miller
Visualization & Computer Vision
GE Research
Bldg. KW, Room C218B
1 Research Circle, Schenectady NY 12309-1027

millerjv at research.ge.com <mailto:millerjv at research.ge.com>

james.miller at research.ge.com
(518) 387-4005, Dial Comm: 8*833-4005,
Cell: (518) 505-7065, Fax: (518) 387-6981