[Insight-developers] Passing binary dicom fields using itk MetaData

Lorensen, William E (Research) lorensen at crd.ge.com
Thu Jan 6 11:38:34 EST 2005

Mathieu,
I can now pass binary fields using MetaData. For example, I just read and
wrote a dicom file. The hex dump of each file was identical!.

I encode the binary data in Base64 (using kwsys), pass it through and decode
it.

I'm not sure if this works for all images (I've only tried one Toshiba image
so far), but I am encouraged. I reinstated the Meta File length code.

I'm not ready to check it in, but the results are encouraging.

Bill