[Insight-developers] Renaming the release from "ITK 1.10' to "ITK 2.0"

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri Feb 4 14:01:08 EST 2005

A last minute change:

  After some brainstorming we concluded that it is better
  to call this release ITK 2.0 instead of ITK 1.10.

  Among the arguments in favor of this naming we have

  a) "1.10" at rapid view looks like a number lower than "1.8"

  b) There are enough changes in the release to justify
     a major version number.
     http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_Release_1.10

  c) 2.5 years have passed since we released "ITK 1.0"
     (October 2002). Using "ITK 2.0" fairly reflects the
     fact that the toolkit has matured over this time.

If anybody has objections to the new naming please let
us know..... fast!

   Thanks