[Insight-developers] vnl_test_math failing in several platforms

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri Feb 4 10:45:14 EST 2005

The test vnl_test_math is failing in several platforms

http://www.itk.org/Testing/Dashboard/20050204-0500-Nightly/TestDetail/__Utilities_vxl_core_vnl_tests_vnl_test_math.html

the problem seems to be related to the use of the type

                   "long double"

The relevant lines are:

     Insight/Utilities/vxl/core/vnl/tests/test_math.cxx

line 98:
long double qnan_q = vcl_numeric_limits<long double>::quiet_NaN();

line 143:
testlib_test_assert("!isfinite(qnan_q)", !vnl_math_isfinite(qnan_q));

We already have the following comment in this file, regarding the isnan
test for the same type "long double"

   /* This test fails on some platforms, but ITK does not need it.
      If it is ever fixed in vnl proper, we will include the fix here.  */
   /*testlib_test_assert(" isnan(qnan_q)   ",  vnl_math_isnan(qnan_q));*/

Does anybody see a problem with commenting out the 'isfinite' test too ?

Does anybody care about "long double"  ?