[Insight-developers] template <>

Kent Williams norman-k-williams at uiowa.edu
Thu Apr 28 13:27:23 EDT 2005

I noticed a warning when I used gcc -pedantic to compile some code that
uses ITK.  There were a bunch of warnings from gcc:

warning: explicit specialization not preceded by `template <>'

This goes back to itkMetaDataObject.h, and the NATIVE_TYPE_METADATAPRINT
macro.
That macro is used to define template specializations. I don't believe
its widely used, and you never see a warning if you don't use -pedantic.
At the same time, the only reason I could see for adding template <> to
the template specializations is if there are compilers supported by ITK
that would choke on that syntax.

So, does anyone know of compilers that wouldn't like template <>?