[Insight-developers] ITK/CVS with GCC4.0 doesn't compile

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Wed Apr 27 08:44:01 EDT 2005

Torsten Rohlfing wrote:
> I believe I just managed to build ITK (current CVS version as of a few
> minutes ago), and the necessary patches basically came down to the hash
> map header files. Mostly stuff like inserting "this->" to access class
> members. The biggest trouble was in itk_hash_map.h, namely, the
> reference to "select1st" (replaced that with _Select1st" which works)
> and a friend declaration of "operator==", which gcc seems to be fine
> without anyway.
>
> The patched files are at
>
>   http://www.stanford.edu/~rohlfing/itk_hash_map.h
>   http://www.stanford.edu/~rohlfing/itk_hashtable.h

I've been working on a set of changes to get it to build.  There were
actually many more changes needed but I already committed them.  I left
the hash table changes out because I'm planning to switch over to use
the hash table code from Utilities/kwsys.  Attached is the patch to
apply to make the switch now.  I'll commit the changes after more testing.

-Brad