[Insight-developers] active shape model

Terry Yoo tyoo at mail.nih.gov
Wed Sep 29 15:09:09 EDT 2004

As I recall, the PI for this project, Jay Udupa, was able to produce
a letter granting permission for the reproduction of this algorithm.
I do not know if they patent holder has other exclusive agreements
on these methods.  However, permisssion was secured in advance for
the development of this software.

FYI.

Now... considering that we might wish to include some code that
may be patented but for which we have permission to develop and
distribute software versions, how should we store and acknowledge
such permissions?  This is a long term consideration for the
consortium in general, right?

A PDF photocopy of the letter?  Some other form of authoritative
certification?

*sigh*  This is not the phun part.

Terry

Ying Zhuge wrote:
> This is not exact same with the standard Active shape model algorithm.
> We did some improvement like automatic landmark points generation.
>
> -Ying
>
> Stephen R. Aylward wrote:
>

>> Or to be more precise...before someone says something...
>>
>> Doesnt this code implement a patented algorithm?
>>
>> Stephen
>>
>> Ying Zhuge wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I just checked in those classes about Active shape model implemented
>>> by Dr. Andre Souza from our group. I also want to check in the test
>>> file, which needs one image file as input. Please let me know where I
>>> should upload that input image file.
>>>
>>> BTW, would you please add Andre (andre at mipg.upenn.edu) to the itk
>>> developer list such that he can update his code in the future by
>>> himself? Thanks!
>>>
>>> -Ying

Terry S. Yoo, Ph.D.
National Library of Medicine          National Institutes of Health
High Performance Computing and Communications       yoo at nlm.nih.gov