[Insight-developers] ImageSeriesReader / ImageSeriesWriter

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Sun Jun 6 23:01:20 EDT 2004

Hi,

   I was looking for a way to write a series of files, with arbitrary filenames. So I found ImageSeriesWriter, since ImageSeriesReader was doing what I was looking for. But it seems like this class is more like a ImageNumericSeriesWriter.

  I implemented a patch so this class would take an abritrary set of filenames. My question is then:

- Can I apply this patch (*) ?

- If so I have different options:
   1. Copy the old class to a new class called ImageNumericSeriesWriter
   2. Change all existing tests/example using the old ImageSeriesWriter to use the new one in combination with a NumericSeriesFileNames
   3. Try to maintain some sort of compatibility mode.

My prefered approach is 2, it shows users how flexible the SeriesWriter are.

Comments suggestions welcome,
Mathieu
(*) I am having currently some problems generating patches since the backup of last week. It seems to have change files date&time on the cvs repository and thus to use the included patch to this email, one need to do:

   patch -p1 < series.patch
           ^
Mathieu