[Insight-developers] Xcode & .txx: How to make them work together!

Zachary Pincus zpincus at stanford.edu
Thu Jul 29 15:13:00 EDT 2004

Thanks for the information!

Ironically, I just waded through trying to do this very task not two
minutes ago. Though I never got the custom icons working right --
thanks John for that tip.

The only thing that I can add is that the two pbfilespec steps can be
consolidated into creating a single new <whatever>.pbfilsepec file (the
first part of the name before the extension doesn't matter) in
/Library/Application Support/Apple/Developer Tools/Specifications
or of course ~/Library/...

the content of that file can be as simple as:
/* Custom file types */
(
	{
		Identifier = sourcecode.txx;
		BasedOn = sourcecode.cpp.h;
		Extensions = (txx);
		AppliesToBuildRules = no;
	},
)
/* End custom types */

I think that this will work for both XCode and Shark, and any future
dev tools that use pbfilespec files. Also, future dev tools
updates/system updates won't nuke your custom file.

Zach Pincus

Department of Biochemistry and Program in Biomedical Informatics
Stanford University School of Medicine