[Insight-developers] ITK Release 1.8 Schedule

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri Jul 23 14:30:52 EDT 2004

As we discussed in the Tcon today, here is a
suggested schedule for the release of ITK 1.8

  1-  Code Freeze        :  Monday August 2nd
  2-  Dashboard cleaning :  Week from 2nd to 9th
  3-  CVS branching      :  Monday August 9th
  4-  Dashboard for 1.8  :  Week from 9th to 16th
  5-  Release tarballs   :  Monday August 16th

At item (2) CVS write access will be removed
except for Bill Lorensen and Luis.

At item (4) Most of the Dashboard submissions under
our control will be switched to build ITK 1.8 instead
of the CVS trunk. Brad pointed out that in previous
releases we have failed to do this switching and that
increases the risks of introducing new errors while we
make small fixes and changes.

Suggested requirements for ITK 1.8

    A-  CMake   2.0    (Latest stable release of CMake)
    B-  FLTK    1.1.5  (Insight Applications)
    C-  VTK     4.4    (Insight Applications)
    D-  Java    1.4.2  (Java wrapping)
    E-  Python  2.3.3. (Python wrapping)

Please let us know if you find any problems with the
suggested schedule and requirements. Also let us know
if you anticipate to make any significant code changes
in the following days.

   Thanks