[Insight-developers] ITK with Python wrapping yielding build error on gcc 2.95.4 (Debian 3.0)

Charl P. Botha c.p.botha at ewi.tudelft.nl
Wed Jul 14 10:16:21 EDT 2004

Building the latest ITK CVS on Debian 3.0 with gcc 2.95.4, I get the
following error:

In file included from
/home/cpbotha/DoNotBackup/build/Insight-HEAD/Wrapping/CSwi
g/Common/wrap_ITKInterpolators.cxx:24:
/home/cpbotha/DoNotBackup/build/Insight-HEAD/Wrapping/CSwig/itkCSwigImages.h:31:
  error: `
    vector' redeclared as different kind of symbol
/usr/include/g++-3/stl_vector.h:153: error: previous declaration of `
    template<class _Tp, class _Alloc> class vector'

Checking itkCSwigImage.h at line 31, we have the following:
namespace vector
{
   typedef itk::Vector< float,  2>  F2;
   typedef itk::Vector< float,  3>  F3;
   typedef itk::Vector< double, 2>  D2;
   typedef itk::Vector< double, 3>  D3;
}

Is the compiler supposed to support the re-use of "vector" as a
namespace?  It seems that 2.95 doesn't like this... does anyone have a
possible work-around?

Thanks,
charl