[Insight-developers] Future ITK Development

Brad King brad . king at kitware . com
Fri, 26 Sep 2003 13:44:24 -0400 (EDT)

Hello ITK Developers,

This message summarizes the policy for future ITK development discussed
during the September 26 TCON.

CVS Write Access:

We will be opening the ITK CVS repository incrementally.  When you first
have changes to commit, email me so that I may enable write access for
your account.  Once opened, your account will remain open for further
commits.  This process will allow us to keep the repository open to active
developers only.

The 1.4 Release Branch:

Please do not commit changes on the 1.4 branch yourself even if your
account has write access enabled.  Instead, make the fix on the main ITK
tree (if applicable).  Then, go to the new bug tracker (see below) and
submit a bug marked as a version 1.4 bug and assigned to me
(brad . king at kitware . com).  In the bug description, explain the reason for
the fix, the files changed, and the CVS revision numbers of those files
that chainged on the main tree for the fix.  If the fix is not applicable
to the main tree, just describe the necessary changes or ask me to email
you for the changes.  I will then make the change on the branch and close
the bug with a comment containing the 1.4 patch release level that will
include the bug.

New Bug Tracker:

We are moving ITK to a new bug tracker shared with CMake and VTK.  The
web page is located here:

http://www . itk . org/Bug

In order to sign up for an account, go here:

http://www . itk . org/Bug/newaccount . php

Anyone may get an account and report a bug.  In order to be placed on the
list of possible people to which a bug may be assigned, please first sign
up for a regular account and then send email to Andy Cedilnik
(andy . cedilnik at kitware . com).  Lydia will be converting the old bug
database over to the new bug tracker shortly.

Thanks for your cooperation,
-Brad