[Insight-developers] IO Inconsistencies

Lorensen, William E (Research) lorensen at crd . ge . com
Mon, 3 Nov 2003 11:59:51 -0500

Folks,
	We've talked about this before. Some readers (PNG and JPEG at least)
flip the data on the y axis. This is non-standard behavior (unless you are a
VTK person). I'd like to make all the readers treat data in the usual way
(address 0 in memory corresponds to byte 0 in the file).

The problem: Examples and Tests (using PNG files)  that use seeds have seeds
that correspond to the flipped Y axis. If we fix the reader problem, the
Examples will have to be fixed and the book will be out of date.

I have experimented with adding a class methods FlipYAixsOff/On(), but this
is not a good solution.

I'm open to ideas. Perhaps we can talk at Friday's t-con.

Bill