[Insight-developers] OSX

Yarden Livnat yarden at cs . utah . edu
Tue, 27 May 2003 20:00:31 -0600

Greetings,

I had a working version (a few months ago) of ITK on Mac OSX.
Today I tried to compile a fresh checkout but  it died on:

[...deleted...]
Building object file dtrmv.o...
Building object file dtrsv.o...
Building object file i_dnnt.o...
Building shared library
/Users/yarden/packages/Insight/osx/bin/libitknetlib.dylib...
ld: common symbols not allowed with MH_DYLIB output format with the
-multi_module option
rpoly.o definition of common _global_ (size 4232)
/usr/bin/libtool: internal link edit command failed
make[7]: ***
[/Users/yarden/packages/Insight/osx/bin/libitknetlib.dylib] Error 1
make[6]: *** [default_target] Error 2
make[5]: *** [default_target_v3p_netlib] Error 2
make[4]: *** [default_target] Error 2
make[3]: *** [default_target_vxl] Error 2
make[2]: *** [default_target] Error 2
make[1]: *** [default_target_Utilities] Error 2
make: *** [default_target] Error 2

the reason is that Utilities/vxl/v3p/netlib/rpoly.c is created by f2c
which in
turn declare a global section. This is not allowed under BSD for shared
libraries (DYLIB).

is there a solution for this ? does anyone have a working version of
ITK ?
I don't recall if this was a problem last time I tried to compile ITK
on OSX.

thanks,

	Yarden