[Insight-developers] Re: ShapedNeighborhoodIterators

Joshua Cates cates at sci . utah . edu
Tue, 27 May 2003 10:23:34 -0600 (MDT)

Hi Jim,

Yes, the best options are GetNext/Previous and the shaped iterator.  In
theory the shaped iterator should be faster.  The trade-off is a more
limited API for accessing and setting pixels, which could make your code a
little uglier.

Currently you will have to manually activate the face connected neighbors
and the center pixel.  Probably we should set up an
ActivateFaceConnectedNeighbors() method since this is likely a common
case.

Let me know if you have problems/suggestions as so far I have not made
very extensive use of the shaped iterators.

Josh.

 Josh Cates
 School of Computer Science
 University of Utah