[Insight-developers] Coverage of itk files

Lorensen, William E (Research) lorensen@crd.ge.com
Wed, 21 May 2003 10:46:31 -0400

Folks,

We have created a list for each developer that shows the current state
of code coverage for files that they checked in. We assumed that if
you checked in cvs revision 1.1 of a file that you were the original
developer. I am emailing the list to each developer. Each line in the
file shows the source file followed by the line coverage in %.

Here's a plan of attack:

1) Let me know if there is a file assigned to you that you do not
think is yours.
2) Let me know if there are files that should be removed.
3) Start with the lowest coverage. For each file that has 0.0% write a
test.
4) Files below 70% should have better coverage. If possible, augment
the current test to improve the coverage. We don't want to add
unnecessary tests.

At a minimum we must generate tests for the 0.0% files.

Some developers may have disappeared. I'll forward their files to the
PI's when the mail bounces. Also, if you receive this e-mail and no
longer work on the project, please forward the email to your PI and
cc: lorensen@crd.ge.com.

Coverage is reported daily on the dashboard.
http://public.kitware.com/Insight/Testing/HTML/TestingResults/Dashboard/Most
RecentResults-Nightly/Dashboard.html

New results rollup around 11:00am EDT. Before that time you can always
look at the previous day's coverage data. Files that are red have virtually
no
coverage. Yellow files need additional testing.

Bill