[Insight-developers] Gaussian filter performance

Joshua Cates cates@sci.utah.edu
Fri, 9 May 2003 08:56:04 -0600 (MDT)

Hi,

Note that the kernel size of the discrete Gaussian is very much dependent
on the MaximumError parameter setting.  You can constrain the kernel to a
certain size with the MaximumKernelWidth parameter.

The discrete Gaussian kernel is based on work by Tony Lindeberg (Discrete
Scale-Space Theory and the Scale-Space Primal Sketch.  Dissertation. Royal
Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden. May 1991.), which has some
nice properties over traditional sampled discretizations of the Gaussian.

Josh.

 Josh Cates
 School of Computer Science
 University of Utah