[Insight-developers] Statistics: Mean shift mode estimator

Miller, James V (Research) millerjv at crd . ge . com
Fri, 13 Jun 2003 09:48:57 -0400

Jisung,

I would suggest doing a mean shift from a histogram as well.

Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: Jisung Kim [mailto:bahrahm at yahoo . com]
Sent: Friday, June 13, 2003 9:31 AM
To: Miller, James V (Research); Insight-developers (E-mail)
Subject: RE: [Insight-developers] Statistics: Mean shift mode estimator

Thanks Jim.

I would first try implement the mean shift mode
seeking technique using k-d tree. And then I would
implement a smoothing filter and a segmentation method
using the mode seeking technique previously
implemented.

And then I might extend the mode seeking technique
with other range search techniques.

Does it sound OK?

http://www . caip . rutgers . edu/~comanici/Papers/MsAnalysis . pdf

=====