[Insight-developers] My experiences with ITK SoftwareGuide

Sun, 01 Jun 2003 13:58:41 -0400

Hi Jisung,

I ran into the same problem you reported concening building
the software guide on a Laptop running Debian.

In the Debian/Laptop installation the default values in

     /usr/share/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf

for the variables max_strings and pool_size are

    max_strings =   15000
    pool_size     = 125000

While in RedHat (7.1) installed in a desktop, the defaults are

    max_strings =  25000
    pool_size     = 250000

Incrementing this values as you suggested, solved the problem.
I set the values to

    max_strings =  30000
    pool_size     = 250000

Thanks