[Insight-developers] Changing wrapped image types

Miller, James V (Research) millerjv at crd . ge . com
Fri, 11 Jul 2003 14:21:11 -0400

------_=_NextPart_001_01C347D8.4535EBE2

I'd like to check in some changes to the type of images/filters that are
wrapped by Swig.  We discussed earlier this week that wrapping float and
short would cover most use cases.  We also need to wrap unsigned long since
that is what we typically use for label maps. To verify that we can wrap
non-native pixel types, I am also wrapping floating point rgb images. We'll
probably also need to wrap a covariant vector image type.

Users will always have the option of wrapping more image types and more
filter instantiation combinations.  I'd just like to settle in on what
default types to start using.

Bill mentioned that people are using the Swig wrapping.  If I make these
changes, then some of the current filter instantiations will be
removed/replaced.  For instance, the US2US2 filters will become S2S2
filters.

Will this be disruptive to the people that are currently using the Swig
wrappers?  I can hold off until next week if that is better for developers.

Jim

------_=_NextPart_001_01C347D8.4535EBE2

<HTML><HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=US-ASCII">
<TITLE></TITLE>

<META content="MSHTML 6.00.2800.1141" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT color=#0000ff size=2>I'd like to check in some changes to the type of
images/filters that are wrapped by Swig.&nbsp; We discussed earlier this week
that wrapping float and short would cover most use cases.&nbsp; We also need to
wrap unsigned long since that is what we typically use for label maps. To verify
that we can wrap non-native pixel types, I am also wrapping floating point rgb
images. We'll probably also need to wrap a covariant vector image
type.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#0000ff size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#0000ff size=2>Users will always have the option of wrapping
more image types and more filter instantiation combinations.&nbsp; I'd just like
to settle in on what default types to start using.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#0000ff size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#0000ff size=2>Bill mentioned that people are using the Swig
wrapping.&nbsp; If I make these changes, then some of the current filter
instantiations will be removed/replaced.&nbsp; For instance, the US2US2 filters
will become S2S2 filters.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#0000ff size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#0000ff size=2>Will this be disruptive to the people that are
currently using the Swig wrappers?&nbsp; I can hold off until next week if that
is better for developers.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#0000ff size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#0000ff size=2>Jim</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------_=_NextPart_001_01C347D8.4535EBE2--