[Insight-developers] Fwd: Re: 1st contact for the new year...

Will Schroeder will.schroeder@kitware.com
Sun, 19 Jan 2003 06:59:19 -0500

Dr. Westin of Brigham and Women's hospital and an ITK contractor gave me=20
permission to forward this introduction.
Will

---------------------
Dear all,

Being a new ITK contractor, I wanted to take this opportunity to present us.
Our team consists of myself, Karl Krissian, and Ra=FAl San Jos=E9 Est=E9par.
We all attended most of the general part of today's phone conference,
and Karl and Raul the level set part as well.

We have just started working on an ITK implementation for segmentation of
tubular structures using codimension-2 level sets (Liana Lorigo et al=
 Medical
Image Analysis 5(2001) 195-206). The contract title is "Vascular
Segmentation using Level Sets for Image Guided Therapy.

In addition to deliver an ITK implementation, we plan to integrate the
software into an open source platform for medical segmentation,
visualization, and surgical planning: the 3D slicer, based on vtk, tcl/tk.
See http://www.slicer.org/ for more information about this platform.

The last two days, we were fortunate to have Bill [Lorensen-ed.] here at=20
Brigham and
Women's Hospital working with us on vtkITK wrapping. It was very productive
and we have already wrapped some of the existing ITK levelset classes to vtk
slicer modules. We plan to present our progress at the upcoming meeting in
Philadelphia.

Looking forward to work with you all,

Best,
Carl-Fredrik Westin

--=20
Dr. Carl-Fredrik Westin
Director, Laboratory of Mathematics in Imaging (LMI)
Assistant Professor of Radiology, Harvard Medical School
Brigham and Women's Hospital, 75 Francis St., Boston, MA 02115

Phone: (+1) 617-278-0639, Fax: (+1) 617-264-6887
Email:  westin@bwh.harvard.edu, Office: Thorn Building 323
http://www.spl.harvard.edu/~westin