[Insight-developers] Debugging difficulties.

Mark Foskey mark_foskey@unc.edu
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 17:35:07 -0500

In the mode RelWithDebInfo, under VC6.0, I'm finding that local
variables sometimes don't appear under the variables panel when I
debug.  I conjecture that this happens inside virtual member functions,
but I'm not sure.  Has anybody else had this problem?  Also,
frequently, the call stack is incomplete.

Assuming that this problem has to do with "RelWithDebInfo", is there
any way to compile an application in Debug mode while linking to ITK
in, say, Release (or RelWithDebInfo) mode?  I tried to do that by
placing copies of all the ITK libraries in a folder called Debug, but
when I ran the program I got a fatal exception right at the beginning.

--
Mark Foskey    (919) 843-5436  Computer-Aided Diagnosis and Display Lab
mark_foskey@unc.edu            Department of Radiology, CB 7515, UNC