[Insight-developers] New ITK data objects

John M. Galeotti jgaleotti@cmu.edu
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 13:31:27 -0500 (EST)

Hello, I'm working with Dr. Stetten at CMU to implement his swath-based
"active contour" as part of ITK.  Now that I've isolated the algorithm
from Dr. Stetten's Visualization and Image Analysis (VIA) toolkit, I'm
ready to add it to ITK.  In order to do that, I need to add a couple of
data types to ITK, if no one objects.  Comments welcome (and requested).
Pseudo-code for the proposed classes follows:

class chaincode
  get/set origin
  add/get step
  get number of steps
  make 4-connected (convert every diagonal step into 2 orthogonal steps)
  get step rotated +/- 45 degrees (optional, but very helpful for the swath)

class parametric path funciton (virtual parent class)
  get point at time t (virtual, t lies on the interval [0,1])

  class parametric circle
  class parametric polygon
  class parametric Fourier smoothed chaincode
    contstruct from chaincode
    get derivative of point at time t
    add/set optimum error offset points
    get error-corrected point at time t

---
John M. Galeotti   (jgaleotti@cmu.edu)  412-268-9576
Robotics Institute, EDSH, Carnegie Mellon University
5000 Forbes Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15213