[Insight-developers] itkNarrowBandImageFilterBase using itkBarrier

Joshua Cates cates at sci . utah . edu
Tue, 26 Aug 2003 10:54:57 -0600 (MDT)

Yes at some point we should propagate these changes all the way up to
FiniteDifferenceSolver.  That really was the way to go from the beginning.
There may be significant speedup for 2D images or smaller volumes on the
dense solver.  I wouldn't expect much speedup on larger volumes, however,
since the time spent in each iteration for many applications is so huge
(sometimes on the order of several minutes).

Josh.

 Josh Cates
 Scientific Computing and Imaging Institute
 University of Utah
 Email: cates at sci . utah . edu
 Phone: (801) 587-7697